Our Cute Family

Our Cute Family
Our Little Family

7/10/2010

Tybee Island

This Wednesday we deiced to take a day trip over to Tybee Island which is right next to Savannah GA. We were planning on going to the beach and then touring Savannah, but we kind of lost track of time at the beach, so no touring of Savannah for us this time. :D

We had a ton of fun, we took our tent and camped on a campground on the island. Abi loved playing in the sand and the water but she was not to sure about the waves. Here are some of our pictures from our trip.

(The only thing I failed to get a picture of was the awesome dolphins that we could see swimming out in the ocean. It was the first time we have seen wild dolphins.)


Daddy and Abi in the Atlantic Ocean.


Mommy and Abi walking along the beach.


Look at that smile on her face! She loved being free and just running all over the beach.


Daddy found a miniature crab inside a shell. If you look close you can see its legs.


I had to write something in the sand... :D


Daddy and Abi building a sand castle.


The finished product....


Just relaxing and I had to take a pix of our feet.


This thing washed up on shore and I thought it was just a big rock. But leave it to Kris to go investigate and I am glad he did. Look what it was....


He flipped it over and it was a Crab!


These are huge boats coming in bringing big crates across the ocean. This picture does not do it justice. These boats were HUGE!


Abi just hanging out in the shade. Kris and I were sitting in the water and we looked back to see where Abi went and she was still hanging out in the shade playing with her toys as happy as can be.


Playing in the sand but staying away from the waves.


Mommy and Abi at the campsite finishing up dinner.


Our family. And yes... Abi is fast asleep.


Abi playing with her bucket... she was taking all the seashells out and putting them back in the bucket.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

Okay, so I lied. I didn't check your blog first thing when I got home... something about wet kids home from the party needing to get changed into pjs...

And um, yikes! That crab is huge and creepy. Can't wait till we go camping together, fun times await for sure!

Hale Family said...

How fun! That looks like a blast! I would love to camp there! Maybe we will have to drive to Georgia so we can camp by you. Cute Abi!

Scarlett said...

How fun is that? That crab totally freaked me out! EWWWW! Luckily you didn't get pinched! Love the pics!

Lori said...

that's awesome! we need to do a day trip out to tybee island. fun!

Jess said...

Wow! I just got caught up on all the posts I missed of yours. Its been a long time since I've been on blogger. You guys have been going so many fun places and look like you are having a lot of fun. I love the pictures on the beach! And what a fun 4th you had! Fun fun fun!

Matt and Liz said...

Fun pictures! However, I was creeped out by that crab! NASTY! I'm glad you guys are taking time to have fun down there. You won't regret it, I'm sure of it! :)

The Emery's said...

How cool is that! You went to an island and camped and saw wild dolphins??!! That is so awesome and sounds unreal! Love it!

~Conradis~ said...

Camping, swimming, WALKING, looks like lots of fun! She is getting so big time for number 2... ha ha in due time!